Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Photography...tisk tisk tisk

Hello Everyone...

So I entered a photo contest back in December 2013, and I am just now announcing this cause I am so disappointed. Not in the fact that I only came 1st runner up in my division, oh no I am disappointed in the fact that I paid $300 for a photo shoot, and in result was BURNT. I still haven't gotten my shots. I only received a CD with nine original photos. When I asked why this was I was told the photos where TOO BIG , and TOO MANY to compress. But here is the kicker I paid the man, and yet I have not gotten what I paid for. Don't get me wrong the photos on the CD are nice, though he choose which ones he wanted to retouch, and only gave me those.

I guess I am just venting. I want my photos. I paid him and before I paid him we had a VERBAL agreement ( which was stupidity on my part) to receive ALL the untouched photos. Now here I am $300 less and nothing to show for it. Oh and the icing on the cake is that he printed the photos... not ones i choose of course not.... NO ones that he wanted to print, and not only did he print them some even twice, he printed them too big for me to even use as a submission in photogenic. When I told him this I was told that he would reprint them ( once again I may add verbally).

I am telling you thing for multiple reasons...

1. Always get anything you do in writing

2. Always pay in full once you have received your purchase

3. Always use a professional whom you can find references, and ask to see previous work.

4. Never assume a person is a professional... just cause they say they are

5. MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! Never settle, if you are unhappy about what ever you get regardless if it a purchased product or a service (i.e. photography) let it be know. It may or may not change the outcome but guess what you may just have saved another person from going down the road you just tripped on.

I'll keep you posted if I ever get the photos. I was told he is too busy to give them to me...but he sure was too busy to take my money....hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment